Bb Student mobile app
Bb Student is Blackboard's newest mobile solution that helps students react quickly to their changing course needs, while learning to plan for the future. Bb Student is a free, simple, easy to use, and enjoyable mobile learning app for the on the go, goal-oriented learner. Bb Student is available for Apple and Android devices, and provides access to the following areas:
- Activity Stream: Shows a smart view of prioritized events and actions.
- Course Outline: Explore course content, access information, and identify the main materials that you need to focus on.
- Grades & Progress: Check grades and academic progress in real time.
- Discussion Boards: View, post, and reply to your course's discussion boards.
Bb Student Download Instructions
The Bb Student app is available to Blackboard users with the following mobile devices:
Getting started with Bb Student:
- Download the Bb Student application from the iTunes app store or Google Play, depending on your mobile device. You can also use the download links above.
- After downloading and installing the app, launch the Bb Student app and search for "Florida International University".
- After selecting "Florida International University", login with your FIU username and password, just as you would if you were accessing Blackboard via the web.
- The first time login you'll be presented with an introduction to Bb Student. The "first time user experience" provides a brief overview of the feature set and showcases the user experience to help direct you to the content you need the most.
- You can then easily access updates from your activity stream, view course content, check your grades, and post in course discussion boards. You can also view notification badges based on course updates and school announcements.
- Navigate through your courses as you would normally, and then exit the app when you are finished.
To learn more about Bb Student and all its features, read the Bb Student overview.
For technical assistance or questions about Bb Student, please contact Support Services.
News and Events
Blackboard Learn Maintenance from Thursday, May 4th, 2017 at 8:00 PM through Friday, May 5th, 2017 at 8:00 AM (EST)
Please be aware that we will be observing a Blackboard Learn maintenance from Thursday, May 4th, 2017 at 8:00 PM through Friday, May 5th, 2017 at 8:00 AM (EST). Our Blackboard Learn production... [Read More]
System maintenance is performed weekly between the hours of 11:59pm on Friday night through 5:00am on Saturday morning. We thank you for your patience and we apologize in advance for any... [Read More]
Spring 2017 Login Information
Please be aware that if you are taking an online course during Spring 2017, you will not have access until the first day of class. The first day of class for the Spring 2017 semester is Monday,... [Read More]