Rules, Policies, and Academic Misconduct
It is expected that interactive learning and teaching will enrich the learning experience of all students, and that each student will work in partnership with the professor to create a positive learning experience for all. Student engagement is a necessary condition for an effective learning experience, and includes contributions to debate and discussion (if any), positive interactive learning with others, and an enthusiastic attitude towards inquiry. Everyone is expected to be a positive contributor to the class learning community, and students are expected to share the responsibility of teaching each other.
Statement of Understanding Between Professor and Student
Every student must respect the right of all to have an equitable opportunity to learn and honestly demonstrate the quality of their learning. Therefore, all students must adhere to a standard of academic conduct, demonstrating respect for themselves, their fellow students, and the educational mission of the University. As a student at FIU taking an online class:
- I will not represent someone else’s work as my own.
- I will not cheat, nor will I aid in another’s cheating.
- I will be honest in my academic endeavors.
- I understand that if I am found responsible for academic misconduct, I will be subject to the academic misconduct procedures and sanctions as outlined in the Student Handbook.
Failure to adhere to the guidelines stated above may result in one of the following:
- Expulsion: Permanent separation of the student from the University, preventing readmission to the institution. This sanction shall be recorded on the student's transcript.
- Suspension: Temporary separation of the student from the University for a specific period of time.
By taking an online course, I promise to adhere to FIU’s Student Code of Academic Integrity. For details on the policy and procedures go to Academic Misconduct on FIU's Academic Affairs website.
Additionally every student in online classes that requires individual or group written assignments should use the following two documents:
News and Events
System maintenance is performed weekly between the hours of 11:59pm on Friday night through 5:00am on Saturday morning. We thank you for your patience and we apologize in advance for any... [Read More]
Spring 2017 Login Information
Please be aware that if you are taking an online course during Spring 2017, you will not have access until the first day of class. The first day of class for the Spring 2017 semester is Monday,... [Read More]